Bacalhau à Brás is a traditional Portuguese dish that is beloved by many, but especially by football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. Made with salted cod fish, potatoes, onions, and scrambled eggs, the meal has been described as “a classic of Portuguese cuisine” that has remained unchanged for centuries. It is still popular today in Portugal and Brazil due to its simple preparation and delicious flavor. As such, it comes as no surprise that one of the world’s most famous athletes would enjoy this iconic dish.
Ronaldo grew up in Santo António parish in Funchal on the island of Madeira where he developed his passion for football from an early age. Along with his love for sports came a deep appreciation for regional dishes like Bacalhau à Brás which was served regularly at home while he was growing up. While traveling around Europe during his time playing professional soccer, Ronaldo continued to order this traditional dish whenever possible—and often shared photos online so others could see how much he enjoyed it!
Despite becoming one of the world’s richest athletes, Ronaldo hasn’t forgotten his roots and continues to enjoy this simple but delicious dish. He even had a special Bacalhau à Brás cooked for him during a visit home in 2018—proving that no amount of fame or fortune could ever take away his love of the meal!
So, if you want to follow in the footsteps of one of the world’s most famous athletes, why not give Bacalhau à Brás a try?
Here is the recipe for Bacalhau à Brás
– lbs salted cod fish
– large potatoes, peeled and diced
– onion, chopped
– cloves of garlic, minced
– eggs (scrambled)
– tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
– Olive oil for frying
1. Soak the cod in water overnight to remove the excess salt.
2. Drain and cut into small cubes or shred with a fork. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and potatoes and cook until softened about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cod fish and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes more.
5. Add the scrambled eggs and parsley and mix to combine. Cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes more.
6. Serve hot with a side of rice or potatoes and enjoy!
Whether you’re a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo or just looking to try something new, give Bacalhau à Brás a try! This traditional Portuguese dish is sure to please with its simple yet flavorful ingredients and is the perfect way to celebrate Ronaldo’s favorite meal. Bon appetit!